CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Call


We all know I'm going on a mission... hopefully anyway, if you didn't know, suprise! Anyway last sunday my dad came home from church and told me that the bishop said that my call would be here monday or tuesday... what a shocker, I honestly wasn't expecting it to come that quickly. So monday rolled around and no letter...tuseday no letter... wednesday... where was it? I was starting to get a little anxious that it wasn't here yet, I want to know where I will be for the next year and a half of my life. Thursday came and there was no word in the morning from the post office so I once again figured it wouldn't be here and then my mom called at noon and said it had come. So I left work early, took the weekend off, packed up my bags, and drove straight home to wait for a whole 24 hours for my family to finally get there.


Friday... dad golfing, sisters coming from work, it nearly killed me with anticipation, but I finally got to open my call Friday night at about 6ish. SO I'm going to Mesa, Arizona and will be serving at the temple visitors center there. I will be reporting to the MTC on Februrary 11 and I will be speaking broken spanish... or in other words English and what ever spanish I can pick up. I am so excited and can't wait, what an amazing opportunity and I get more and more amazing stories of the mission every time I tell someone where I'm going. I feel as though it is a truly an inspired calling and finally I know where I'm supposed to be.

2 comments:

Allie said...

Hurrah! I'm so proud of you! And excited for you! You are going to be fantastic!

Julie T said...

Congratulations, Megan! This is Julie, Stef's mom- first timer on Adventure... I just wanted to tell you I would REQUEST a visitor's center assignment if I could because you are guaranteed to be able to teach and testify and feel/share the spirit every single day! As proselyting missionaries in Spain, those moments were very few and far between and honestly, I often felt not just discouraged, but disappointed I wasn't put to better use because like you, I was so prepared (only I'd had 10 years of Spanish and had all 8 discussions memorized!) and rarin' to go! You will have tremendous experiences in both languages!!
PS Thanks for being such a good friend to my good friend, Stefanie!