CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Mission...

Hi all, well I sort of started a blog while on my fantastic journey in New Zealand, but who wants to blog when they are in New Zealand? Apparently not me. So I thought I would give it another go. New Zealand was the best experience of my life so far; I made so many memories and friends, and took about 2,000 pictures in total, yep it's that amazing. So here I am back in the big US of A and things are great. The first month after I returned I didn't have a job, and then suddenly in one week I got two job offers one at the Comfort Inn in Richfield and I rejoined the great team at Pepperbelly's (kinda lame that I went back to the job I had in High School, but what do you do?). It was definately hard work, waitress by day and front desk clerk by night. Needless to say I had no friends and slept little to none some days, but it all came to an end when I once again returned to BYU.

I have currently been at the Y for about a year and a half and just recently discovered that I only have one more semester and I can graduate. AHHH! I am still studying Leisure Services Management, which is probably the best major at the Y. And to put off graduation as long as possible I decided to pick up another minor, what a procrastinator I am. So not only am I going to minor in business, I am also going to minor in Travel and Tourism, so exciting! It also gives me a billion options of what I can do when I eventually do graduate.

As one BYU student who as never really liked BYU I have had a wonderful semester so far. I have friends, most all of which are from New Zealand, big suprise there. I have awesome roommates, my ward so far seems to be good, and I only live about a half hour from my sister so I get to play with her frequently.

So this is the big test, if you have made it this far in my post you get the priviledge to know that I put my mission papers in. Yeah! I am so excited, but what an extremely hard decision. It has definately been a trial of faith for me. Initially I had decided that I would go in January, but further inspiration has shown that I will be staying until the end of the school year in May. Apparently I am where I need to be for now. Anyway that's just the beginning about me, stay posted. Arohanui -Megs

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Yeah for being a blogger! Congrats and welcome! Love ya!

Allie said...

I love it! I am so glad you started a blog. I love love love to read these and know what's going on. I'm glad that you'll be around a little longer. It would make me sad if you were leaving after this semester!